Real Estate Litigation
Real estate transactions impose on the parties involved legal duties from both contract and tort law. When parties enter into agreements to buy and sell real estate, they have contractual obligations to comply with the terms of such agreements. Further, there are also tort and statutory and obligations regarding disclosures, representations and professional licensing that come into play. When a party refuses to comply with their obligations in a real estate transaction, you should contact a real estate litigation attorney
The real estate attorneys of Dunham LLP have handled disputes arising from many different types of real estate transactions, both commercial and residential.
We Have The Experience To Handle Your Real Estate Dispute
Our firm’s litigators have represented many different types of parties to a real estate transaction: real estate investors, commercial developers, commercial property owners, REITs, contractors and subcontractors, lenders, commercial receivers, property managers, landlords, homeowners, brokers and other industry-related businesses with a diverse range of needs and interests.
Our attorneys have the experience to handle a wide array of real estate litigation matters, including disputes relating to:
- Investing, acquisition and development: disputes arising under purchase and sale agreements, option agreements and development agreements
- Construction: disputes relating to agreements with general contractors, subcontractors and related liens
- Management: litigation of property management agreements and prosecution of receivership actions
- Real estate brokers and agents: contract disputes relating to brokers and agents
- Litigation involving banks and servicers: disputes relating to commercial loan agreements, promissory notes, deeds of trust, assignments of rent and personal guarantees, including loan workouts/restructurings, trustee’s sales, deficiency actions and related bankruptcy proceedings, such as motions for relief from the automatic stay
- Title disputes: easement, property line, adverse possession, quiet title, trespass, nuisance, partition and other title disputes and actions
- Landlord-tenant disputes: eviction proceedings, complex lease interpretation issues and other landlord-tenant disputes
- HOA disputes: disputes relating to homeowners’ associations and their members
- Subsurface rights: disputes relating to water and mineral rights
Contact Us Regarding Your Real Estate Dispute
Our real estate litigation lawyers are based in Austin, Texas, and represent clients not only in Austin, but also throughout Texas and across the country. We have received a preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating given for legal proficiency and ethics. The verdicts that our lawyers have obtained in all types of business disputes have been recognized by the American Lawyer, VerdictSearch and Topverdict.com in their annual lists of the highest verdicts in the United States and in Texas. When you need an real estate attorney, contact us for a consultation. Depending on the case, we offer clients the benefits of contingency fee arrangements or a hybrid fee arrangement (a combination of reduced hourly rates and reduced contingency rates).