Dedicated Lawyers With High Performance in Business Litigation
- Of Counsel
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Corporate Fiduciary Litigation
Lawrence ("Larry") Hilton is admitted to practice in Texas and California. He specializes in complex litigation matters, primarily in federal court, including antitrust claims, Lanham Act trademark and false advertising claims, copyright infringement claims and misappropriation of trade secret claims. Larry also has significant bankruptcy and creditors' rights litigation experience. Larry's practice also includes representation of several national franchise brands and national branded retailers. Larry has spent his career practicing commercial litigation in both state and federal court.
Franchise and Branded Retailer Practice
Larry represents the Driven Brands® family of companies, including Meineke Car Care Centers, Maaco America's Bodyshop, Take 5 Oil Change, Carstar, Drive N Style and Econo Lube N' Tune, in franchise matters and franchise and trademark litigation matters. Larry has also represented The Galardi Group (Der Wienerschnitzel) and Hansen's Juice Creations in franchise-related matters.
Recent representations include:
- Morton v. Driven Brands, Inc. and Econo Lube N' Tune, LLC: Larry represented Driven Brands, Inc. and Econo Lube N' Tune, LLC in a franchise-related litigation case that went to trial in 2016. Larry obtained a complete defense verdict and an attorneys' fees award in excess of $400,000.
- Meineke Car Care Centers, LLC v. Keller & Sons, Inc.: Larry represented Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. in litigation with a multi-unit franchisee of Meineke centers in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, with claims and counterclaims in excess of $6 million. The matter was resolved with Meineke taking back all twelve of the franchises.
- Maaco Franchising, LLC v. 5296, LLC, et al.: Larry currently represents Maaco Franchising, LLC in franchise and trademark litigation with a former Maaco franchisee, which is currently pending in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Maaco recently obtained a right to attach order and is in the process of seeking the appointment of a receiver to enforce the writ of attachment.
- Maaco Franchising, LLC v. Elsayed: Larry represented Maaco Franchising, LLC in franchise litigation with a former franchisee pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Carstar Franchisor SPV LLC v. Sunnyvale Auto Body: Larry currently represents Carstar Franchisor SPV LLC in franchise litigation with a former franchisee pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Larry also represents Sprint Solutions, Inc. and Nextel of California, and their master retailer, Vincent Huang & Associates, in disputes with branded pre-paid wireless retailers operating under the "Boost Mobile" brand.
Recent representations include:
- Fernandez v. Sprint Solutions, Inc.: Larry represents Sprint Solutions in a dispute brought by a terminated Boost Mobile retailer claiming that his termination as a Boost Mobile retailer was wrongful. The case is pending in Hidalgo County, Texas.
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Practice
Larry represents the State Bank of Texas in matters involving judgment and lien enforcement, including State Bank of Texas v. Parabia, currently pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. Larry has represented several national banks in receivership and judicial foreclosure matters, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo and JP Morgan Chase.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Finance